Planet aggregator

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, planet-subscribers(at)lists(dot)planetpostgresql(dot)org
Subject: Planet aggregator
Date: 2008-10-18 08:54:35
Lists: pgsql-www
As you've seen in Devrims emails before, the machine that ran Planet
PostgreSQL and the personal blogs hosted by Devrims service (including
mine) has died. There are no backups. I believe Devrim is working on
getting the data for these blogs back at some point, but last I heard
there was on real estimate for if/when this will happen.

In the meantime, we've brought up the new planet code to production
(this is the code that we actually worked on months back, but the
project kind of stalled) on one of the community servers. This is now
available as http://planet.postgresql.org, and is also feeding and
linking to the main website. This code should also fix things like the
links to blogs on ittoolbox.

This aggregator contains all blogs that were registered around June,
which is when the snapshot was taken. Since there were no backups, we do
not have a record of any blogs added after that. So if your blog was
added to planet after this, please let me/us (pgsql-www) know and we'll
be sure to add it again.

Note that this does *not* include the hosted content at
people.planetpostgresql.org. This is still pending Devrims attempts to
recover the data. Also, we are naturally not able to grab any feed data
from these blogs since the machine is dead, so they will not be showing
up on the new planet.

--
www-team / Magnus

pgsql-www by date