Re: declare/fetch problem with pgpool 2.2.3; Postgres 8.4; ODBC 8.03.04.00

From: Andreas Gaab <A(dot)Gaab(at)scanlab(dot)de>
To: 'Hiroshi Inoue' <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: declare/fetch problem with pgpool 2.2.3; Postgres 8.4; ODBC 8.03.04.00
Date: 2009-11-20 07:55:54
Lists: pgsql-odbc
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Hi Hiroshi,

DECLARE, FETCH and CLOSE are probably regarded as members of the SELECT family and thus are load balanced. The problem arises, because the cursors are defined inside BEGIN; ... COMMIT; , and thus are send to all backends, but are CLOSEd after the transaction, and thus load balanced, which leaves on cursor defined on one backend.

The transaction block and handling of cursor is done by the odbc, isn't it?

Regards,
Andreas