Re: [BUGS] BUG #4279: Bad codepage in our web-site

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [BUGS] BUG #4279: Bad codepage in our web-site
Date: 2008-08-25 14:37:08
Lists: pgsql-bugspgsql-www
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On Monday 25 August 2008 11:00:12 Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> I wouldn't put too much work into that. Wouldn't it be better to migrate
>> them to the wiki instead?
>
> I'm all in favor of the wiki, but consider that this is prominent user-facing
> stuff here.  If we put the FAQ in the wiki, why not the entire web site?
> Perhaps the web team should take over these files and apply the existing
> translation framework to it.

That we could certainly  do. At least if we can get pgweb set up to
allow specific permissions to update these things - I would like to rid
us of the bottleneck of having to write up an actual patch and send it
to a list, to have somebody else apply it, and only then realize it's
broken HTML etc. The translators should be able to do this on their own.

I don't think the current web team can just "take them over". Sure, they
could take over the part that Bruce does today which is apply patches
for people, but it doesn't solve the issue in itself.

//Magnus