Re: PL/pgSQL equivalent to PQtransactionStatus?

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Christophe <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PL/pgSQL equivalent to PQtransactionStatus?
Date: 2008-07-31 18:12:32
Lists: pgsql-general
Christophe wrote:
> My apologies if this is in the docs and I missed it, but is there a
> PL/pgSQL function equivalent for the pglib function PQtransactionStatus
> (i.e., a way to find out if we're in an open transaction block, and if
> that transaction is in an error status)?

A pl/pgsql function *always* executes within a transaction.

If an error occurs while that function is executing you can catch the
exception (see the "Trapping Errors" section of the pl/pgsql docs).

If an error occurs before the function executes then no other statements
will be executed.

HTH

--
   Richard Huxton