Re: display query results

From: Andy Shellam <andy(dot)shellam-lists(at)mailnetwork(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: PJ <af(dot)gourmet(at)videotron(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: display query results
Date: 2008-07-30 21:23:08
Lists: pgsql-php

Just shooting in the dark here, but I'm thinking there might be some
extra spaces around the column values. For some reason PostgreSQL is
not returning any rows for that query, which is where the root of your
problem lies.

Do you have PgAdmin? If so try the exact same query against the same
database and server.
Also try changing your query as follows:

SELECT description FROM glossary_item WHERE name LIKE '%Alcohol%'

and see what you get.

Regards,

Andy