Re: How do I set up automatic backups?

From: Tomasz Ostrowski <tometzky(at)batory(dot)org(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How do I set up automatic backups?
Date: 2008-07-30 07:52:57
Lists: pgsql-general
On 2008-07-29 23:47, John Cheng wrote:
> Slony-I replication is also a viable choice for backups.

No, it's not. Redundancy is not a substitute for backups. Slony will not
help you if you do by mistake "delete from important_table" - as a copy
will also have all rows deleted.

For backups I'd recommend for example pg_dump and duplicity run from cron.

Regards
Tometzky
--
...although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a
moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you