PostgreSQL DBA - Pandora - Top Online Music Company

From: Jon Meyers <jmeyers(at)pandora(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL DBA - Pandora - Top Online Music Company
Date: 2008-07-21 17:42:12
Lists: pgsql-jobs
Pandora (www.pandora.com) is revolutionizing the way music lovers
discover new music while listening to their favorite artists and tunes.
Pandora’s personalized music service is powered by the Music Genome
Project, the most comprehensive analysis of music ever undertaken.
Pandora taps into a massive musical collection to deliver a service
available anytime and anywhere - on the computer, in the home, and on
mobile devices. Members of the Pandora community build their own
profiles, and connect to others to share in their musical experience.

Pandora has quickly become one of the largest online music services,
well-funded and with over 14 million registered users and growing fast.
We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, a downtown
Oakland location walking distance from BART and with easy freeway
access, and, above all, a terrific team and great work environment.

[*** To Respond: Please Email resume to pandora-jobs(at)pandora(dot)com ***]

Database Administrator [DBA-01]

We've built a complex cluster around PostgreSQL for scalability and high
availability. It's imperative that you approach administration with an
emphasis on repeatability, testability and consistency. The demands on
this system are increasing rapidly as we grow the userbase and add more
functionality. We're looking for individuals who can help us continue to
scale our queries, our systems and our hardware to meet our growing
needs. We're also looking for someone who has a deep understanding of
hardware architecture and understands how to tune database systems
appropriately based on a particular architecture. You will be expected
to come up to speed quickly on difficult problems, become a significant
contributor to a hard-working team, and to take pride in your work.

Requirements

You should have a deep understanding of database systems, systems
programming, and the factors that affect distributed system performance.
We have a strong preference for folks with PostgreSQL experience.

+ Minimum 5 years experience developing and administering database
infrastructure for mission critical applications.
+ Strong SQL skills and deep experience writing stored procedures.
+ Experience maintaining large databases(>1TB)
+ Experience developing stored procedures (PL/pgSQL)
+ Experience supporting redundant systems with 24X7 availability requirement
+ A deep understanding of database design principals
+ Thorough knowledge of current hardware systems, RAID and disk
subsystems commonly used in fault tolerant production environments
+ Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live
database systems issues
+ BS or better in Computer Science or a related field.

Core Technologies

Linux, PostgreSQL, Slony, Database Administration, Python, Distributed
Systems.

Response Instructions

For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to
pandora-jobs(at)pandora(dot)com(dot) Please include the Job Title in the Subject line.

Principals Only. Pandora does not accept unsolicited resumes from
employment agencies, and is not responsible for fees associated with
such submissions.

Equal Opportunity Employer

Pandora is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

pgsql-jobs by date

Next:From: Stefan MurphyDate: 2008-07-22 19:51:05