Re: editing pg_hba.conf

From: Shane Ambler <pgsql(at)Sheeky(dot)Biz>
To: Eric Jarvies <ej(at)csl(dot)com(dot)mx>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: editing pg_hba.conf
Date: 2008-06-26 03:31:11
Lists: pgsql-novice
Eric Jarvies wrote:
> hello,
>
> i have installed postgresql, and it's up and running fine, using the
> postgres user account.  however, when i run the pgadmin III utility, and
> attempt to File>Open pg_hba.conf file, i cannot select it from it's
> /data folder because it is obviously locked.  i am using my default os x
> user account, and so i clearly to not have access to that postgres user
> folder.  although i have a postgres user account, i do not have a
> postgres user account listed under my Preferences > Accounts.  should i
> create one here?  or is there any way to make the existing postgres
> account visible in my Accounts list?

Ensure that you have the adminpack installed. You can find it and
instructions in the postgresql source distribution under contrib. This
will allow the server to adjust the file, you can then access it from
tools->server configuration->pg_hba.conf

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz