Re: Money data type - Deprecated?

From: Justin <justin(at)emproshunts(dot)com>
To: Kless <jonas(dot)esp(at)googlemail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Money data type - Deprecated?
Date: 2008-05-26 19:46:39
Lists: pgsql-general
Thats a good Question is the Money type ever going to die i believe it
was deprecated several versions ago?

I use the money type a formatting step in select statements when
displaying data on the client only.  It saves me setting up input mask
and what not on client side.

There are draw backs to using the money type
    dumps/restores can go wrong
    many frameworks convert money data type back to numeric or cast it
to String type

I would never have and never will use money as a data type in tables as
the precision is fixed to 2