Re: Fair large change to contributors

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fair large change to contributors
Date: 2007-12-16 19:30:33
Lists: pgsql-www

- --On Sunday, December 16, 2007 08:09:42 -0800 "Joshua D. Drake"
<jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> One idea would be to list the core members at the top in one sentence,
>> and have their details below.  But maybe core-at-the-top is the best of
>> our possible options.
> My impression is that core (in general) is a little sensitive about their
> position on that page. I didn't care enough to make the argument one way or
> another because I know that core is subject to the community.
> However, your point is also valid in that the current representation makes it
> look like core is somehow the key to the kingdom, which is certainly not true.
> I do not wish to detract from the importance of core either though. Part of
> me thinks the page should look like this:
> Core (link to page with core members)
>   * Definition of core, purpose etc....
> Major Contributors (link to page with Major Contributors and Contributors)
>   * Definition
> Contributors
>   * Definition
> Hackers Emeritus (Link to page with Hackers Emeritus and Past Contributors)
>   * Definition
> Past Contributors

I like the 'Link to listing' idea myself ... keeps that main page 'nice and
short' ...

- ----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (
Email . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org                              MSN . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org
Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype:        ICQ . 7615664
Version: GnuPG v2.0.4 (FreeBSD)