Re: [pgsql-www] National community sites @ postgresql.org?

From: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>
To: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Nikolay Samokhvalov <samokhvalov(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] National community sites @ postgresql.org?
Date: 2008-05-16 18:14:38
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

Selena Deckelmann schrieb:
> On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 2:20 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
>
>> Am Mittwoch, 7. Mai 2008 schrieb Selena Deckelmann:
>>
>>> One way to keep our community vibrant, relevant and authentic is to
>>> encourage communities to host their own stuff, on their own domains.
>>>
>> Then again, most communities are too small that they don't have the skills and
>> resources to host their own stuff properly.
>>

> I'm not saying we should get rid of the PUGS site -- it is a valuable
> resource. DNS-based redirection for language/regional-based sites
> would be very useful. Especially in Nikolay's case.
>
> Those that have the resources, should continue to run their own sites.
>
> Here's the list of organizations, communities and user groups hosting
> their own sites (that I know of):
>
> JPUG - a non-profit corporation, not just a user community
> PgEU - same
> PgUS - same
> ITPUG - has formal governance
> Pg.IT
> Pg.PE (Peru)
> Pg.Brasil
> China (forums)
> PostgreSQLFr (France)
> PGUG (Germany)

Selena,

please don't put countries to these PGUGs. For German and French I can
say, they are language based and not country based. Looking into the
German speaking group then you will find as much Austrians then Germans
also you will find Belgians at the French speaking group.

--
Susanne Ebrecht
52066 Aachen, Germany

Email: miracee(at)miracee(dot)de