Re: IM

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, w^3 <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: IM
Date: 2008-05-08 16:14:30
Lists: pgsql-www
Dave Page wrote:
> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 4:47 PM, Alvaro Herrera
>> I know
>>  Joshua is not a control freak :-) so I guess the current situation is
>>  more the result of an unfortunate sequence of events than anything else.
>
> Yeah.

I think people are having a tendency to forget history here. The jabber
service is something that I set up for people. It was not a .Org
service. I asked for a .Org name but it was understood at the time that
this was pretty much a JD bag. In fact at the time, there were many that
didn't even see the point in the service.

The service has grown (which I am happy about) and it is beginning to
become more of a central item for the community. This is why for example
we have been testing the ability for the service to talk to other jabber
servers (which seems to work but muc is broke). It is also why I
reaffirmed the policy with sysadmins recently. The policy is this:

Contributors may have an account if they please.
The system is being configured to allow outbound connections.

If there are people that would like to help manage the jabber service,
that's cool.

Let's keep it real.

Joshua D. Drake