Re: Remove Postgres from Solaris 10

From: Robert Lor <Robert(dot)Lor(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Thomas Bräutigam <thomas(dot)braeutigam(at)nexustelecom(dot)com>
Cc: J(dot)K(dot)Shah(at)Sun(dot)COM, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Remove Postgres from Solaris 10
Date: 2008-04-30 18:25:25
Lists: pgsql-admin
Thomas Bräutigam wrote:
> Hi Jignesh
>
> What things do I all need to take care when I want to run both postgres databases on the same box. Like the Solaris 10 postgres db and my postgres db.

By default the Postgres versions that are shipped with Solaris are
disabled (run "svcs postgresql" to verify).  So if you just want to use
your own Postgres binary, you don't have to worry about changing the
port as long as you don't enable the versions that come with Solaris.
You are making conflicting statement about running both databases in
parallel but at the same time want to replace your version with the
binary that comes with Solaris. Perhaps you're thinking that the
Postgres that comes with Solaris is always running by default which is
not the case!

-Robert