Re: Remove Postgres from Solaris 10

From: Robert Lor <Robert(dot)Lor(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: "Jignesh K(dot) Shah" <J(dot)K(dot)Shah(at)Sun(dot)COM>
Cc: Thomas Bräutigam <thomas(dot)braeutigam(at)nexustelecom(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Remove Postgres from Solaris 10
Date: 2008-04-29 20:48:14
Lists: pgsql-admin
There are a couple of options you can take to accomplish this.

1) Remove the role by running ¨roledel postgres¨ . This will remove
postgres from /etc/passwd and /etc/user_attr, and you can use useradd to
add postgres as a user.

2) Modify ¨postgres¨ from being a role to user. Below are the steps I use:

    a) run ¨passwd -d postgres¨
    b) edit /etc/user_attr and change type for ¨postgres¨  from ¨role¨
to ¨user¨
    c) create a home dir for postgres if needed
    d) use the usermod command to change the home dir and shell

-Robert