Removing NONSEG mode

From: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Removing NONSEG mode
Date: 2008-04-22 11:24:31
Lists: pgsql-patches
I attach patch which remove nonsegment mode support. It was discussed during
last commit fest. Nonsegment mode is possible uses only on couple of FS (ZFS,
XFS) and it is not safe on any OS because each OS support more filesystems.

I added RELSEG option to the configure script to allow easily compile with
different segment size (on most filesystem 1T is safe value). As a bonus I added
also BLCKSZ to configure script. It is not important for this patch but it could
be useful e.g. for buildfarm testing with different BLCKSZ.

Patch requires to run autoconf and autoheader.

		Zdenek

PS: --with-segsize=1/1024 allows set segsize to 1MB - good for testing

pgsql-patches by date

Next:From: Albe LaurenzDate: 2008-04-22 11:55:41