Finding all References to a Primary Key

From: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Finding all References to a Primary Key
Date: 2008-03-26 18:19:30
Lists: pgsql-sql
I'm sorry if this is has been discussed, but I tried to find the answer
in the archives and failed, so...

How do I find all the rows in other tables that reference a specific row
in another table?  I'm only trying to find rows that are in tables where
there is a Foreign Key referencing the primary key of the table in question.

Example:
Table People has a primary key of people_id
There are say 20 tables that have foreign keys referencing people.people_id
How do I find all the rows in all of those 20 tables that reference a
particular person in the people table?

Thank you in advance,

Matthew O'Connor

pgsql-sql by date