Re: We should get active / Wiki choice

From: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>,pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: We should get active / Wiki choice
Date: 2008-02-28 09:29:49
Lists: pgeu-general
Magnus Hagander schrieb:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 09:10:34AM +0100, damien clochard wrote:
>> On Thursday 28 February 2008 01:31:07 Jean-Paul Argudo wrote:
>>> Hi Josuah,
>> From my perspective mediawiki is a pain for anyone who'd like to translate an
>> article. i might be wrong. If so, please just explain me how do i translate a
>> page from
>> for instance this page :
>> Afaik the only way to make translation easy with medawiki is to create a
>> separate mediawiki instance for each language. Which sounds like a pretty bad
>> idea in our case.
> I am no wiki expert by far, but it seems there is at least one extension
> for mediawiki to do this
> (
> I have no idea how it works thuogh.

Hi all,

as I told some of you, my experiences with mediawiki are horrible. The
encoding sucks, the search engine sucks and also the syntax for adding a
table or something else is not really intuitive.

I am not sure, if the encoding and search engine depends on the database.

Also I can't see the need of a wiki for the European group at the moment.
For what do we need a wiki?
Isn't the mailing list, the IRC channel and static web presentation enough?