WAL archiving

From: Shilpa Sudhakar <ssudhakar(at)internode(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: WAL archiving
Date: 2008-02-21 23:23:25
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi All,

I am new to postgres and have been slowly learning the concepts.

Regarding WAL archiving, we first take a base backup and then save all
the wal logs for PITR.

Both the base backup and wal logs are stored in another disk.

Since the wal logs keep increasing, do we take the base backup every now
and then so that we can delete the old log files?
How often do we take a base filesystem backup keeping in mind that our
systems are 24 x 7.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Shilpa

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Decibel!Date: 2008-02-21 23:30:03