Re: Function description

From: "Bart Degryse" <Bart(dot)Degryse(at)indicator(dot)be>
To: "PostgreSQL SQL List" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Function description
Date: 2008-02-15 12:18:47
Lists: pgsql-sql

I can't install applications on my desktop pc
ICT won't install that application on my desktop pc... that would require
an amout of trust and...

>>> Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com> 2008-02-15 12:17 >>>
Well, the windows installer comes with the backend database server,
psql.exe, pgadmin, manuals etc. - I don't know if you can just install
psql. From psql you can access local or remote databases. Same for the
pg_dump/restore command-line tools. Unless EMS is accessing the server
via ODBC or similar it should just work.

>> As a last resort you can always see how they work on a local copy, then
>> cut + paste the SQL.
> Here too, I don't know what you mean exactly with "a local copy".

Install PostgreSQL locally, copy the schema from your main server and
add some test data.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd