user administration with photo and address

From: Andreas Burkhardt <postgresql(at)arcor(dot)de>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: user administration with photo and address
Date: 2008-02-12 01:35:40
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

normally web programmers fake a user administration in PHP and connect
to the database with one (super) user.

I'am a nice guy and pass the user through PHP directly to postgresql.

But the problem for me is, that my users have an address, preferences
and other things, wich are unknown to the pg_user table.

At the moment I have a table 'user' and bind the 'usename' with a
foreign key to the 'pg_user' table.

My question now is, may this be the best way – or – how real postgresql
programmers will do this?

Is there a manual or a best-practice for this?

Thanks in advance
Andreas