Driver 8.1 : fails contacting the server with routable address

From: Guillaume Gautreau <guillaume(dot)gautreau(at)enpc(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Driver 8.1 : fails contacting the server with routable address
Date: 2008-01-21 09:29:55
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I'd like to use the postgresql driver in Access, in order to query a
postgresql server in my company. I'm linking tables inside Access with
the driver, and all the setup works fine.
But there is a very strange issue when closing the file and re-opening it.
When I do all this stuff on my client and a test server *all works
great*. My server have the address *192.168.*.**. I don't want Access to
remember the password. When I open the file and click on a table, the
driver window pops up and I have to type it.
When I try to do the same with the production server (with *a routable
address*) I get an issue. The driver pop up does not appear and it seems
to try to contact the server with the good login, but the password can't
be the good one. And then, it sends an error.
Then, I do the exact same thing from another client, but querying my
testing server. The IP address used is then routable (my test server is
a virtual one, using NAT). I query the exact same server from another
location. And I experienced the exact same error.
No problem for linking the tables, but when I close then reopen Access,
it seems to try to directly contact the server without asking me the
password. And then, it fails.

I tried the previous driver version (7.*), all works fine. But I just
can not use it because i need the SSL support (and this version seems
not to support it).

Did you experienced the same issue ? Could you give me more precisions ?
Could you help me ?

Thanks

--
Guillaume Gautreau
Responsable projets SI

Ce message a été signé numériquement avec GnuPG.