Re: Mac OSX Installation

From: Richard Chirgwin <richard(dot)chirgwin(at)marketclarity(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mac OSX Installation
Date: 2007-12-20 05:49:33
Lists: pgsql-novice
...And since I haven't been killed in the rush I may as well tell the
list that I have managed to resolve the issue...

1) It seems, in my case, to relate to the permissions associated with
the folder /usr/local/pgsql/data (ie my <data directory>)

2) sudo chown postgres <data directory>

3) sudo chgrp postgres <data directory>

Finally, the postgresql.conf has to be edited for the appropriate IP
port and host settings...

Richard

Richard Chirgwin wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have installed Postgresql from the William Kyngesbury distribution
> (http://www.kyngchaos.com/wiki/software:postgres)
>
> I do not get any errors starting the server, but it fails on createdb:
> "No such file or directory".
>
> I note that the initdb did not create a postgres.conf file in
> /usr/local/pgsql/data
>
> Richard

Richard Chirgwin
Research Manager
Market Clarity
Suite 1404, Level 14, 33 Bligh St
Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
Phone: (02) 9221-6677
Fax: (02) 9221-9222
Mobile: 0438-600-480
Email: richard(dot)chirgwin(at)marketclarity(dot)com(dot)au
Internet: http://www.marketclarity.com.au

Check out Market Clarity's Aussie VoIP List: A free directory of over 250 Australian VoIP Providers at http://www.marketclarity.com.au/voip/.