Re: The Data Base System is in recovery mode

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)partitur(dot)se>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The Data Base System is in recovery mode
Date: 2000-10-18 15:16:52
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)partitur(dot)se> writes:
> New facts: The problem "moved" when raising the -B from default (64)
> to 1000 (-N 100 now). Now, here's what happens:

Interesting.

> query: CREATE VIEW wtabmaria AS SELECT  p.personid,p.foretag,p.fnamn,p.enamn,p.titel,p.telefon,p.mobil,p.email,p.tidpunkt FROM personer p WHERE true AND low
> er(p.enamn)~~lower('Branner%')

Hm, you had not mentioned before that wtabmaria is a view.  That may be
the critical factor.  However, I'm still not having any luck duplicating
the failure.

> It looks very much like an out-of-memory error,

I don't think I believe that; out-of-memory problems should be reported
as such.  Moreover, I see nothing in this query that would require
touching more than one disk buffer at a time.  Now I really want to see
the coredump backtrace...

> There are about 5500 records in this table.

Is that total in "personer", or total shown by the view?