Re: [HACKERS] Uniform policy for author credits in contrib module documentation?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Uniform policy for author credits in contrib module documentation?
Date: 2007-12-06 06:46:51
Lists: pgsql-docspgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> As of CVS HEAD, some of the contrib module documentation pages have
> extensive credit screeds, eg
> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/cube.html
> and some just have the author's name, with or without an <email> link,
> and some don't have anything at all.

> I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other, except that I think
> we should have a uniform policy for all the contrib modules.

Well once we push directly into the core documentation I agree that
outside of release notes (although you just brought that up in another
thread) we don't need to be mentioning contributions like that. Those
who have contributed are in the logs.

Further those who have provided reasonable contribution really should be
mentioned on the contributors page that is up for discussion which would
make the rest of this moot yes?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake