Re: Fair large change to contributors

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fair large change to contributors
Date: 2007-12-05 17:02:22
Lists: pgsql-www
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 07:59:38AM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>>> For example, hosting pages are served by professional.php. Techdocs are
>>> served by communitydocs.php. That is *intended*.
>>>
>> If it is intended it is a mistake. Techdocs should be served by techdocs
>> and now my point above is made.
>
> No. Because community docs is designed to be able to handle much more than
> what's currently named techdocs.

Well then your example doesn't jive at all with what is going on. If
community docs is a container that is a different argument. I can see a
situation where we have:

community_docs ->
               techdocs
               articles
               blogs
               whitepapers

All served by community_docs. That makes sense.

However this:

community->----
               |    |->contributors
               |    |
    developers <    |

Does not.

>>> What did you want to change and how? I don't *think* anybody elses uses
>>> them, except you'd have to update the admin interface as well of course.
>> Just the table names so they were consistent with the pages. Is the
>> admin interface in portal?
>
> Yes. See the dispatcher and associated PHP classes ;-)

o.k.

Joshua D. Drake