Restoring wrong accents

From: José Roberto Motta Garcia <garcia(at)cptec(dot)inpe(dot)br>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Restoring wrong accents
Date: 2007-11-23 19:15:37
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi all,

We're having problems restoring the characters correctly here. We have a
8.1 PG on Suse created with LATIN1 and pt_BR. As a latin language we use
several special chars like á, ã, ç, í, etc.

We made a dump -a and after restoring it to an also 8.1 PG on Suse
created with LATIN1 and pt_BR we noticed that a lot of these special
chars weren't restored correctly. We couldn't notice any rule for that,
but some chars were restored correctly and others not.

Any ideas to what's happening?

Tks.

Jose Roberto M. Garcia, MSc
Voice: (12) 3186-8405