Re: pgAdmin licence

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin licence
Date: 2007-10-15 12:19:34
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:
>> My offer to get and
>> review my changes in order to extract them for the official pgAdmin
>> never got an answer.
>>

> I honestly never received such an email, and would have been glad to
> accept had I done. As for leaving the team, you unsubscribed from all
> the mailing lists and said something to the effect of 'I'm never going
> to work on pgAdmin again' which I took as a resignation from the team.

I investigated this point, and indeed you answered that mail (last year
on Sep 19th). You didn't react to my code offer in that mail though.

> If I misunderstood what you were saying, then I sincerely apologise and
> would be keen to put things right if you are willing.
Hm, I wonder what you mean by "put things right". Rereading those few
mails from Sep'06, I found that all issues still apply. Actually,
pgadmin design has shifted in a way I never would have accepted for good
reasons (I called it "gui and usability foolishness" back then; it
applies to 1.8 even stronger). I'm sure you do NOT know what I mean but
there's certainly no point complaining about a tool I don't use. So if
you want "to put things right" in order to have me entering the pgadmin
project again, no chance. I'd stir up things in a way many people would
dislike (apart from the fact that, in contrast to the situation when
pgAdmin III was started, I DO have an admin tool that works for me, with
everything I need so there's little motivation for me).

When it's about anything non-pgadmin related, I only can repeat the last
sentence of that old mail:
"I'd still drink a beer with you, though."

Regards,
Andreas