Filesystem crash - corupted database

From: Martin Bednář <bednar(at)triax(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Filesystem crash - corupted database
Date: 2007-09-26 09:59:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

It's possible to extract data directly from data files ?
I have two tablespaces one for data and one for indexes.
After filesystem crash I lost my /var/lib/postgresql/data folder :( All
data is in /lost+found :(, I found folders with data and index tablespe
that looks ok.
It's possible to directly access these files and extract data as CSV for
example ?
Or it's possible "mount" these tablespaces to new database instance ?

Thnx for advice
Bedy

btw: I know - restore from backups, but DB is too big, and I have
backups 6days ago.