Re: Remove Postgres from Solaris 10

From: Thomas Bräutigam <thomas(dot)braeutigam(at)nexustelecom(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: <J(dot)K(dot)Shah(at)Sun(dot)COM>,<Robert(dot)Lor(at)Sun(dot)COM>,<pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Remove Postgres from Solaris 10
Date: 2008-04-30 03:10:00
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi Joshua,

I think I have to explain it a little more detailed

- my product uses a postgres database with the standart config (ports etc.)
- with Solaris 10 postgres is already installed as standart
- I need to replace this Solaris 10 postgres installation with my standart postgres database of my product

That is the reason I need to remove the standart postgres installation from Solaris 10 that I can use my own postgres database.

My concern is how I can remove this standart Solaris 10 postgres database as quick and efficient as possible that I can put in my postgres database?

Cheers Thomas