Re: about the european pug

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: damien(at)dalibo(dot)info
Cc: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: about the european pug
Date: 2007-08-23 07:47:12
Lists: pgeu-general
Hi Damien,

damien(at)dalibo(dot)info wrote:

> Organization
> =============
>
> First point was about the legal status of the user group. It seems that
> everyone agrees that the group must be a non-profit organization.
> Furthermore it seems that among the different communities ( pgug.de, etc.
> ) , very few have legal satus . As far as i know , the french speaking
> community has created a non-profit association in 2004 and i think the
> turkish has done something like that too (devrim ?)
>
> Some people discussed the idea that a local community association
> could "upgrade" its status to embody the whole european community.
> This is more or less what the mozilla guys have done. Mozilla Europe is a
> non-profit association under the french law, devoted to promote Mozilla
> stuff and help local communities all around Europe. But i'll talk more
> about this in another e-mail. Stay tuned :-)

Yes, specifically we spoke about PostgreSQLFR doing this - I think it
was Jean-Paul who said he would look into what is required.

> Website
> =========
>
> Some people ( Andreas ?) are already working on postgresql.eu to bring the
> domain back into the PG infrastructure.

We've setup the first mailing list (obviously :-)), and Hans-Jurgen was
working with Marc Fournier (who looks after much of the project
infrastructure, including DNS) to transfer the domain name across.

We can provision servers quite quickly as required.

Regards Dave.