Re: Recovering databases

From: Peter Falk <peter(at)nexus(dot)dk>
To: pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Recovering databases
Date: 2007-08-20 12:04:21
Lists: pgsql-novice
The installation is Debian Sarge (3.1). I did a complete update, but
during this I got the information, that Postgresql has to be upgraded
separately - can't remember the exact words.

I did this update and to my suprise it installed a version 7.4. Then i
removed this installation and installed a version 8.1. Afterwards I
cheched to see the packages installed and recognized, that some
7.4-packages still resided om the server.

I there upon (and this is when the big mistake occured) decided to
remove all PG-packages and do a clean install.
The misson succeded but the patient died!

At this moment I got a runing PG but without connecion to the old
databases. The database-files still resides on the server, but I can't
get PG to recognize them.

I think that the PG-installation prior to the mistake was v. 8.0 - I
know for sure that it was newer than 7.x

Regards
Peter

--
Med venlig hilsen