LargeObject API

From: Dennis Thrysøe <dth(at)conscius(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: LargeObject API
Date: 2007-08-02 07:44:02
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hello,

Is there any way to use the proprietary LargeObject API, without
actually having a reference to the postgresql Drivers's Connection object?

I need to store (potentially) large chunks of data, so as I read the
documentation I need to use the oid type for performance reasons.

However, if the application is executing within a j2ee server with
connection pooling, the given Connection instance is just a proxy for
the actual one.

Otherwise I could possibly use PreparedStatement.setBlob(), but how
could I create a Blob instance?

I'm not on the mailing list (yet).

-dennis
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally protected.

pgsql-jdbc by date