Re: Help on clarification of supported platform for Postgres 8.2

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Siraj Khan <siraj_khan04(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help on clarification of supported platform for Postgres 8.2
Date: 2007-07-27 08:24:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Siraj Khan wrote:
> Dear Team,
>
> I am working for small firm in Mumbai, India. We are interested in
> running Postgres 8.2 database on IBM unix platform (Power5 processor).
> Need your help in confirmation whether Postgres 8.2 runs on
>
>     * AIX 5.3 OS on Power5 cpu

this is a platform that is both on the supported platform list (but make
sure to read the AIX FAQ for specific things to consider) and on the
buildfarm (http://buildfarm.postgresql.org)

>     * SLES 9 OS on Power5 platform

This is not an explicitly tested platform(hence not listed) for 8.2 but
I would expect it to work just fine.

Stefan