Re: public schema not prefixed / copy + paste adds newline

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: public schema not prefixed / copy + paste adds newline
Date: 2007-07-23 17:45:32
Lists: pgadmin-support
Dave Page wrote:
> The problem is though, that it remains the underlying controls that
> are doing the copy and the paste operations so we still have no way in
> pgAdmin to filter it out. You can actually test this by pasting using
> the button to do it - that does use our code which ensures it pastes
> plain text (thus losing the RTF cruft that causes the 'newline'. The
> problem is that the controls don't allow us to override their paste
> hotkeys - at least if they do, it needs some unusual foo that I've yet
> to stumble across.

Just to make sure ..
Not copying and pasting is the root of the problem, but the incorrect
representation of the text to begin with. This appended character should
not be there, at least not selectable.
Maybe you have a way to avoid the appendix, thus avoiding also the need
to override copy / paste hotkeys?

If that is a no-go, too, then where can we file a bug report?

Regards
Erwin