bogus unixware compiler warnings

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: ohp(at)pyrenet(dot)fr
Subject: bogus unixware compiler warnings
Date: 2007-07-16 11:11:18
Lists: pgsql-patches
I'm slowly working on submitting patches to reduce the amount of (bogus)
compiler warnings generated by various buildfarm members.

Warthog(the unixware box) generates some 1140 lines of:

UX:cc: WARNING: debugging and optimization mutually exclusive; -O disabled
UX:cc: WARNING: debugging and optimization mutually exclusive; -O disabled

which seems to be a result of having both -g and -O in CFLAGS - Olivier
was so kind to test the attached patch which get's rid of all those
bogus warnings (and seems to be in line with what we are doing on other
platforms like solaris).

Stefan

pgsql-patches by date

Next:From: Simon RiggsDate: 2007-07-16 16:57:45