Re: msvc and vista fun

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: msvc and vista fun
Date: 2007-06-25 14:06:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Magnus Hagander wrote:

> Can you run the build in "broken mode" but *without* using the buildfarm
> scripts, and see what errorlevel you get? Meaning:
> build.bat
> ... wait ...
> echo %errorlevel%
>
> It should output 1 if that part works, 0 if it fails. That'll tell us if
> the problem is in the bf or if it's in the actual build system.

It fails and says 1.

Now, if I change the build script so it says

exit %E

instead of

exit /b %E

I pick up the exit status just fine. I wonder if wer have different
flavors of command interpreter? (My perl is the latest one from
ActiveState, btw. I assume you're using that.)

Can we change that or make it switchable? I'd be happy to provide an
environment variable like RUNNING_BUILDFARM if that would help.

cheers

andrew