Re: Debugger integration completed

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Hiroshi Saito <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: Debugger integration completed
Date: 2007-04-23 13:39:00
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

> Yesterday, I downloaded the client, which was really silly. But I don't
> find any debugger module on the enterprisedb website. I thought I just
> needed a module to insert on a vanilla PostgreSQL... and pgAdmin of course.

The plugin should be released in the not-to-distant future.
Unfortunately, Korry (the developer) is quite busy with EDBAS82 at the
moment so he's not yet had time to work on it.

> So, do I need to test it with the EnterpriseDB Advanced Server ?

Yes, at the moment that is the only way - it ships with the plugin fully
enabled out of the box. It's not the same code that will be released
with PostgreSQL however, as it has to support stored procedures and
packages written in EDB-SPL as well as pl/pgsql.

Regards Dave