Re: [NOVICE] configuring psqlodbc-08.03.0100

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Brent Austin <brent1a(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] configuring psqlodbc-08.03.0100
Date: 2008-02-17 06:06:39
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Brent Austin <brent1a(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> I applied " export PG_CONFIG=/path/to/pg_config"

> and now I get this error:
> checking for suffix of object files... configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile
> See `config.log' for more details.

I think you took me a bit too literally: you have to provide the actual
directory path to wherever pg_config is.  (It'd likely be a good idea
for psqlodbc's configure script to check whether it's been given a valid
file path, rather than just taking it on faith and failing in strange
ways later...)

			regards, tom lane

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: J6MDate: 2008-02-20 17:34:28