Re: Developer TODO List as a PostgreSQL DB

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Chad Wagner <chad(dot)wagner(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, deductive(at)kutoma(dot)com
Subject: Re: Developer TODO List as a PostgreSQL DB
Date: 2007-02-27 14:40:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Chad Wagner wrote:

> There is some point in putting it in a wiki where we can gather
> relevant
> documents, links to discussions etc. That's why the developers'
> wiki was
> established, AIUI.
>

> To be honest, it may be adequate to maintain this solely through the
> Wiki. The only thing I see lacking is specifically who is handling
> tasks, and what release it is planned for. Perhaps, I am just looking
> in the wrong place?

There's a good reason this information is missing: it doesn't exist.
Please, like I said, have a look at recent discussions.

Maybe we need some extra FAQs, like:

. Why do you still use CVS instead of <insert favorite SCM system here>?
. Why don't you use bug tracking software?
. Where do I find out when <insert desired feature here> will be in a
release?

cheers

andrew