Re: Lost password...

From: Paul Lambert <paul(dot)lambert(at)autoledgers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Mike <ekimrepeel(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Lost password...
Date: 2007-02-24 23:09:03
Lists: pgsql-admin
Mike wrote:
> Thanks for the tip.
>
> Changing the password is the easy part.  What I don't understand is the
> consequences of changing that password and how it affects the 8.0
> installation.
>
> Again, thanks for the tip.  This piece of software is a handy thing to know.

If you're changing the password for the service account then all you
need to do is make sure you update the service login details for your
8.0 installation. This is done through the "Log On" tab in the
properties of the service which you can get to through control panel.
Your 8.0 installation shouldn't be adversely affected if this is done.

P.