Re: setArray

From: Miroslav Šulc <miroslav(dot)sulc(at)startnet(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: setArray
Date: 2007-02-17 11:01:09
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

I recently had to solve this too. What I did is:

1) I created class that implements java.sql.Array (it is sufficient to
implement getArray(), getBaseType(), getBaseTypeName() and toString(),
for details see Java API docs) + I added one extra method,
setArray(Class componentType, Object[] array), where componentType is
component type of the array, which I use for setting the array value
into the array

2) Then I use this code to set the array:

                    final MyArray array = new MyArray();
                    array.setArray(componentType, arrayValue);
                    pstm.setArray(index, array);

HTH

--
Miroslav Šulc