Re: fe_sendsuth: no password supplied

From: "Milen A(dot) Radev" <milen(at)radev(dot)net>
To: David Burleson <david(at)ephotozine(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: fe_sendsuth: no password supplied
Date: 2007-02-15 21:59:21
Lists: pgadmin-support

David Burleson написа:
> I have pgAdmin III 1.6 and am trying to connect to my pgsql database
> through it, but i keep getting the following error:
>
> An error has occurred:
> Error connecting to server: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
>
> I have checked my pg_hba.conf file and I have to correct line
> host all all 62.6.162.34/32 md5

Which means "allow login attempts for every login role from this and
_only_ this IP address, _require_ a password, and negotiate to be sent
hashed".

So you need to send a password.

> This problem is on a new computer (xp home). PgAdmin is able to connect
> to a local pgsql server, but to this remote one it doesnt. I have
> checked the IP address and it is correct, checked my network connection
> settings and they match the other computers on the network. The thing
> is, 3 other computers on the same network ,with the same ip address can
> access this postgres without a problem.

Three computers with one IP address? Simultaneously? Are you sure?

> I don't need a password for the user postgres but when I uncheck store

How do you know you don't need a password? Could you show us the
complete pg_hba.conf file?

--
Milen A. Radev