Re: use connection pooling

From: James Neff <jneff(at)tethyshealth(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: use connection pooling
Date: 2007-02-09 14:15:16
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Guy Rouillier wrote:
> John R Pierce wrote:
>> Guy Rouillier wrote:

>>> JDBC.
>>>

>> not exactly.   JDBC is the API your app uses to access the
>> database.   the JDBC class libraries for postgres on the client
>> system will use postgres's native protocol to talk to the PG Server
>> (default of 5432/tcp)
>
> Well, with any network communication, there are multiple layers of
> protocols involved.  You took it one layer below JDBC, but we could
> keep on going down to the physical layer link protocol.  Since the
> O.P. was asking on a JDBC mailing list, I assumed he was interested in
> that layer.

His first e-mail was asking for an example of how to do a connection
pooling in Java using JDBC.

I think he was trying to ask that same question and accidentally used
the word 'protocol'.  My guess is English is not his first language.

Maybe someone could post a URL to some connection pooling examples and
documentation?

--James