Re: Versioning

From: Jim Beard <beard(at)counterclaim(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: Versioning
Date: 2006-01-24 17:59:50
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Is there an easy way to test the ODBC and DSN settings external to
the third party app I am using?  I'm haven't made odbc connections
before.

Postmaster seems to be running with -i and I see it is listening to
5432 when I check netstat.  The third party app either complains
about not being able to connect when I try to configure the DSN, and
failure to login when I try to make a connection using that DSN.

How can I get better error messages?  Is there a better app to use to
confirm the odbc connection ability?

Jim