Re: Please correct the psqlodbc-08_01_0200 version

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha <ezequias(dot)rocha(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please correct the psqlodbc-08_01_0200 version
Date: 2007-01-31 05:15:00
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hiroshi Inoue schrieb:
> Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha wrote:
>> In Options > Datasource > Miscellanous there is an option called "Max
>> Varchar" that is allways in 254. Please put the max Varchar to 255 and
>> build the next version of the driver PLEASE !
>
> What problem do you have with the MaxVarchar set to 254 ?
Maybe because MS-Access has it at 255 ?
So one has to set it to 255 in the DNS or worse in every connection
string if one uses dns-less connections and the application depends on
255 somewhere.

Since a bigger maxvarchar wouldn't actually hurt postgresql, upping it
by 1 should be ok.
It would eliminate one step I too have to do whenever I set up a DNS.

regards Andreas