Why is pgadmin3 distributet as a .pkg?

From: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Why is pgadmin3 distributet as a .pkg?
Date: 2007-01-10 01:57:41
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hi

I just noticed that the official builds of pgadmin3 for OSX
are distributed as a .pkg. Since this package only installs
a single Folder (pgAdmin3.app) into /Applications, I believe
that distribution as a .pkg creates more trouble for a user
than a plain zip/bz2/dmg containing pgAdmin3.app

Additionally, most OSX Applications that don't include device
drivers or such, are distributed as a dmg including the app, and
not as a .pkg (e.g. Firefox, Thunderbird, ...)

I could contribute some script that automatically builds a
dmg if there is interest in that.

greetings, Florian Pflug

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2007-01-10 08:28:57