Re: 8.3 pending patch queue

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: markwkm(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.3 pending patch queue
Date: 2007-01-04 17:24:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers
markwkm(at)gmail(dot)com wrote:
> On 1/4/07, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 09:09 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> > That also happens. The only way I can see of ensuring it does not
>> happen
>> > would be to auto-process all patch submissions.
>>
>> Sounds a good idea. Patch farm anyone? Auto apply/make check?
>
> I'm actually trying to simplify something I was working on at OSDL to
> do this.  PLM at OSDL was a little to Linux focused.  Will let
> everyone know when I have a working prototype.

Feel free to discuss design/functionality any time. For example, a
mechanism to feed patches to the buildfarm has previously been
suggested. If this could be done in some automated, controlled and
reasonably safe way it might be useful - it might afford reviewers a
"try before you buy" option. Also, hooking this up with the stuff that
Lukas Smith is doing might be good.

cheers

andrew