How do you upgrade for production servers?

From: Arnau <arnaulist(at)andromeiberica(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How do you upgrade for production servers?
Date: 2006-12-29 12:06:59
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi all,

   This is a general question about which procedure you follow when you
upgrade your productions servers. Let's say we have a server running and
older version and I want to install the latest version on the same
server. Do you install slony? do you dump all the databases, install the
latest version and after you restore? any other procedure? I'd like to
have my production server down as less time as possible.

Thank you very much and have a great new year :D
--
Arnau

pgsql-admin by date