Re: PG Admin on the command line = pg_dump

From: "Raymond O'Donnell" <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PG Admin on the command line = pg_dump
Date: 2006-12-27 10:45:10
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 26 Dec 2006 at 17:42, Laurent ROCHE wrote:

> pg_dump command: it does the job BUT not correctly for me as it does
> not create SERIAL column but INTEGER and then it creates SEQUENCES (I

This is correct - SERIAL isn't a "real" data type, but rather a
shortcut that creates an integer column with a default which executes
nextval() on a sequence which it also creates.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/datatype-
numeric.html#DATATYPE-SERIAL

--Ray.

Raymond O'Donnell
Director of Music, Galway Cathedral, Galway, Ireland
rod(at)iol(dot)ie