Re: availability of SATA vendors

From: Arjen van der Meijden <acmmailing(at)tweakers(dot)net>
To: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
Cc: Bucky Jordan <bjordan(at)lumeta(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Luke Lonergan <llonergan(at)greenplum(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: availability of SATA vendors
Date: 2006-11-22 17:07:17
Lists: pgsql-performance
Jeff,

You can find some (Dutch) results here on our website:
http://tweakers.net/reviews/647/5

You'll find the AMCC/3ware 9550SX-12 with up to 12 disks, Areca 1280 and
1160 with up to 14 disks and a Promise and LSI sata-raid controller with
each up to 8 disks. Btw, that Dell Perc5 (sas) is afaik not the same
card as the LSI MegaRAID SATA 300-8X, but I have no idea whether they
share the same controllerchip.
In most of the graphs you also see a Areca 1160 with 1GB in stead of its
default 256MB. Hover over the labels to see only that specific line,
that makes the graphs quite readable.

You'll also see a Dell Perc5/e in the results, but that was done using
Fujitsu SAS 15k rpm drives, not the WD Raptor 10k rpm's

If you dive deeper in our (still Dutch) "benchmark database" you may
find some results of several disk-configurations on several controllers
in various storage related tests, like here:
http://tweakers.net/benchdb/test/193

If you want to filter some results, look for "Resultaatfilter &
tabelgenerator" and press on the "Toon filteropties"-tekst. I think
you'll be able to understand the selection-overview there, even if you
don't understand Dutch ;)
"Filter resultaten" below means the same as in English (filter [the]
results)

Best regards,

Arjen